In 1931, our Lord appeared to St. Faustina in a vision. She saw Jesus clothed in a white garment with His right hand raised in blessing. His left hand was touching His garment in the area of the Heart, from where two large rays came forth, one red and the other pale. Jesus told St Faustina to paint an image of what she saw. At the request of her spiritual director, St. Faustina asked the Lord about the meaning of the rays in the image.
She heard these words in reply:
The two rays denote Blood and Water. The pale ray stands for the Water which makes souls righteous. The red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls. These two rays issued forth from the depths of My tender mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross. Happy is the one who will dwell in their shelter, for the just hand of God shall not lay hold of him (299). By means of this image I shall grant many graces to souls. It is to be a reminder of the demands of My mercy, because even the strongest faith is of no avail without works (742).
- Digital oil paintings with frames.
- High quality printing with oil ink to ensure that the picture is full and waterproof so it can preserve for a long time
- This product can only be used indoors, and it can not be exposed to strong sunlight outdoors.
- Sawtooth hanger attached at the back of frame
- Frame material: composite wood
- Measurement: 47cm x 60cm